Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Fun

Hello Bloggtrotters,

Nana and Grandpa(the tiggemans) were up this weekend. That's why there are so many photos on the blog this week. (that's also why the pics are of a higher quality than usual). It was a short visit and the 105 degree heat really limited how much we did. The big exciting news is that the girls were granted access to the hallway, and by extension, their room. Grandpa installed a gate (see below) and we have plans to allow access to the kitchen when they are a little more stable on their feet. As soon as they realized that the door to the hallway was not bared, they went crazy with screaming and running and chasing and falling and laughing. They loved it so much! They've begun to chase each other and when when one catches the other they fall down in a fit of giggling. It's really cute, of course. Recently they have become much more aware of each other, most of the time it's really sweet. Sometimes it's painful.

Nana and Gramps also gave us a new lighting fixture for our up coming anniversary. 5 years. That was the original contract so after negotiations with our agents, Abby and I have decided to sign a 3 year extension for just over the mid-level exemption. There is a team option for the forth year, most likely that one will depend on my knees holding out.

Abby and I were excited to get our Fantasy Football invite. Joe Frank was smart enough to grab "World Wide Prestige" as his team name before anyone else could. I felt entitled to the team name because I haven't had a carb since 2004. Speaking of fantasy sports I think this is the year I finally take home the Golden Broom in my Fantasy Sweeping League. I'm in first place with a 35 clears lead. With 5 weeks to go in the season nothing is written in stone, but I'm gaining momentum going into the playoffs. I'm pretty confident because I haven't scored less than 5 1/2 clear sweeps in any week and I average about 18 dustpins per fortnight. My OBP (Optimum Brooming Percentage) is .482 and I'm brooming around .387, we haven't seen those kind of numbers since Ted Williams was brooming for the Boston Clean Socks. Anyways, things are looking good, I'll let you know how things turn out.

Pics:
Ellie in orange(you glad i didn't say banana?) and Tilling in blue. they've really gotten into books lately. that's also tilly naked doing her new thing. when she's really excited about an object she hunches over her shoulders and does a really goofy laugh, if you didn't love her before then you should look into it. that's Ellie of course saying "Ta-Daaaa" or some such.
Feeding: i don't know which is which, but they like to feed you their food now. i am especially fond of slimy, half chewed grilled cheese sandwich bites. Mmmmmmmmmmm...

Tilly in blue and on Abby's lap, i have Ellie

Ellie is the first gate picture and Tilly is the "Oh, my a gate" type baby.

Video: that's Tilly coming at you first and the one that is playing with the lunch bag. Ellie is the one in the hall. oh, thanks to the FM Gilbert PTA for the lunch bag. Join your local PTA!








No comments: